Torker Unicycle

Saturday, August 18, 2012

How To Find Los Angeles Web Hosting

Are you looking to find a great host for your web site? There are many factors affecting that choice. The most obvious ones are things such as cost, space and bandwidth. Another factor I personally find important is the quality of customer support.

Then there's another aspect that I've noticed many people look for: they want a web host which is physically located close to where they live. Personally, I don't think that is at all important but I can imagine it feels better for some folks to know they can actually go visit the office of their web hosting provider.

Suppose I would like to find a web host close to where I live. How, then, do I most easily find one? Here is one method which I find convenient.

For example: if I live in the sunny Los Angeles area on the US west coast, Torker unicycle then I can simply go to Google and type in the search phrase "Los Angeles web hosting" (or "web hosting Los Angeles"). Then, at the top of the results page I should get a neat little map of the LA area - provided by Google Maps - where a bunch of Los Angeles web hosting companies are shown by little red pointers. Beside the map there's information on each of those hosting companies.

When I did that search I got several pages of such mapped results. Of course, depending on where you live you may not get that many. It so happens that there are many web hosting companies in California in general, and especially around the greater Los Angeles area.

If you happen to live in an area where there are very few web hosting companies, your choices will be very limited. In that case, I do not recommend choosing your web host primarily because it is located close to where you are located. Personally, I live in Europe but I use web hosting providers in the US. This is because I generally get better deals there, plus I have an enormous number of hosting companies to choose between. Actually, several of the web hosts I am using are located in southern California!

Finally, I'd like to emphasize the key factor I personally look for when choosing a web host: customer service quality! And how do you find out about that before committing yourself? Well, I recommend you do a search using search phrases like "[host name] + reviews". For a well-known web hosting company, this can bring up dozens of interesting results.

The author has been online since 1998 and has had many experiences with different web hosting providers. More information on Los Angeles web hosting is to be found on http://www.squidoo.com/web-hosting-los-angeles where a selection of the best web hosting providers of the Los Angeles area is reviewed by the author.

2 comments:

  1. waw..
    what a cheap price ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good article! We will be linking to this great content on our site. Keep up the good writing.

    web hosting india

    ReplyDelete